Sat, Apr 23|
Healing Touch Course 1
Foundations and Practice of Healing Touch
Time & Location
Apr 23, 2022, 9:15 AM – Apr 24, 2022, 6:15 PM
Stanford, 300 Pasteur Dr, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
About the Event
Registration for this class will open on March 15th with the Spring Catalogue of the Stanford Health Improvement Program. All registration is online through Stanford’s Health Improvement Program at http://hip.stanford.edu.
650-723-9649. Search class title Healing Touch. You must register in advance. Registration closes on April 12.
In this course, you will learn techniques to use on yourself, your family and friends, and to incorporate into your professional practice if you are a health care provider.Healing Touch recipients report effects ranging from deep relaxation to a more vivid sense of mind-body-spirit connection and many people experience significant relief from physical pain. Healing Touch comes from an energetic perspective and is proving to be very effective as a complementary modality in the health care environment.
The learner will be able to:
1. Explore qualities and self-care needs of a Healing Touch Practitioner.
2. Discuss the facets of Healing Touch and correlate techniques that support physical, mental, emotional, and/or spiritual healing.
3. Demonstrate Healing Presence: the ability to remain grounded, present, and heart-centered.
4. Describe personal perceptions of subtle energy/heart-centeredness.
5. Apply the Healing Touch Framework to a variety of energy interventions.
6. Evaluate the seven energy centers (chakras) and related energy layers that surround the body.
7. Describe rationale with use of specific Healing Touch techniques.
8. Discuss the Healing Beyond Borders Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice and Scope of Practice required of a beginning Healing Touch student.